Sunday, May 20, 2012

Almost Summer!

On this Sunday eve, I am dreaming of next Sunday, when I will not be thinking about the week ahead at school, what needs to get done...packing lunches, packing diaper bags, getting organized.  Sweet summer is so close...I can almost taste it.  The freedom of nowhere to be and no plans to make.  Plenty of time for playing and relaxing and the joy of a slow pace (for once).  Long, sunny days and evening breezes and plenty of time with my sweet baby girl.

Here are a few things that I'm really going to try to accomplish this summer (along with pics from my phone - been too busy for the big camera lately!).

1.  Time out with Natalie!  Pool, Deanna Rose Farmstead, Wonderscope, the library, and playdates with cousins.  Natalie loves to be on the go and see new places, so I can't wait to get out with her and do some exploring this summer.
(Little lady loves to be outside!)

2.  Spruce up the house.  My, oh my.  My house has kind of fallen apart this spring admist the busy-ness of life.  I've started on some organizing projects - but I'd like to catch up on those, do a BIG Goodwill donation, clear out the clutter, and hopefully some sweet little DIY projects and crafts (you know I love those)!
(We planted flowers, mulched, and cleaned up the front yard this weekend - looking SO much better!)


3.  Continue this weight loss journey.  14 pounds gone - I'd like to lose 10 to 15 more... but honestly, and more importantly, I'm trying to make a lifestyle change with the healthy eating and exercise.  It's something I can do for me...which, let's face it, I don't get to do that often anymore.  It's not about a size or a number or inches or pounds - I just want to be healthy and happy.  End of story!
(Ready for Field Day last week with my kiddos!)

4.  Take lots of pictures.  And keep up on Natalie's scrapbook - now that her first year is finally done, I want to keep caught up on her second year book.  Oh, and hoping to get some more blogging in, too.

5.  Plenty of Lovely Apple with my lovely business partner.  We are so excited to be expanding our business, and this summer we have lots of new ideas to explore and share!

Well - it's a start, anyway.  Hurry up and get here, Summer!  I can't wait to see you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment