Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So, today was Secretary's Day...I told you about our wonderful secretary.  Check this out:


Each child brought her a flower today to celebrate...that's over 500 flowers!!!  These are not even all of them...she put some vases in the lounge, too.  We love Sheila!

I don't know what it is about Wednesdays....I am always drained by the end of Wednesdays.  I guess it is just a mid-week slump.  To cheer myself up today, I drove through my "fantasy neighborhood" on my way home from school.  You know, that neighborhood you drive through, secretly wishing that you lived there?  Mine is right on my way home, so a couple days a week I drive down this sweet little street and try to envision myself pulling into one of the driveways.  It's a quiet street - kind of hidden away.  Each charming house sits upon a sprawling green front yard.  You know the kind...freshly mown grass with a tulip border along the sidewalk and a couple of rocking chairs on the front porch.  Don't forget the kids riding their bikes in the big circle driveway and the golden retriever laying in the front yard.  This street seriously looks like it jumped off the pages of Better Homes and Gardens.  And, oh, how I long to live there!  The houses are probably about 30+ years old, but many have been updated to a current state of glory.  Here's one on the block that's for sale, built in the 1930s:

Only $595,000. Ha!

Okay, here's a pic of my azaleas that I was bragging about...they aren't full, but I'm just happy that they are blooming!


No sure when I'll have time to craft...lots coming up over the next few days.  But, knowing me, I'll probably try to cram in a quickie craft session sometime soon. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment