Friday, April 9, 2010

Productive Friday

Today is it gorgeous outside!  I have the windows open so the sunshine and fresh air can come in to meet me.  You may be thinking....now, why aren't you at work?? I decided to take a Friday off and try to get some things done around the house.  So, I slept in just a little this morning...but was up by 7:45!  I've been cleaning, doing laundry, and (most importantly) getting some research done for my class.  I've been reading and working on writing the introduction of my research paper...I feel like I have been very productive so far today, so decided to take a little break to do some blogging.

Here's the final result of the little project that I started on Wednesday...
Yes, that's right...who says your refrigerator magnets can't be cute?!

Here is what my old assortment of magnets looked like: 
a chip clip, can opener, hooters magnet (thanks honey), the plain magnet that fell off of a chip clip, and a little magnet that my mom got me from Arizona

I decided I would much rather have some cute, that coordinated with my kitchen.  Plus, let's face it, I'll use any excuse I can to play with my Cricut machine. :)  So, I laminated the diecuts (for a little durability) that I made on Wednesday, then glued a really strong magnet onto the back of them.  I like my magnets to have some holding power to them.  I hate it when I put a paper under a magnet, and the whole thing goes sliding down the front of the refrigerator.

I think this is a big improvement.  Oh, it's the simple things that make me happy...  Notice the cute drawing from my neice Grace. She drew herself with me and Uncle Mark...I love that she drew a baseball cap on his head!  He always wears a hat.

I am hoping to get into the backyard this weekend and do some improvements.  Our backyard is in sorry shape.  We can't do much about the lawn and weeds until the fall -- at which point Mark will kill off all the grass and start from scratch, like we did in the front.  However, we are hoping to spruce up our patio area and do some landscaping along the back of the house.  It's supposed to be sunny and 70s this weekend -- perfect for a little yardwork!  Hopefully my  honey isn't too exhausted from his first week back to work to get down and dirty in the yard.  Hmm...maybe that's how I should trick him into it.  Honey, are you ready to get down and dirty with me? *wink, wink*   Eh, it could work...

One last pic...my little mutt was following me around the yard as I was taking "before" pictures.  He's a stinker!
I'll post pictures of anything we get accomplished this weekend.  Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH love your magnets! Hope you had a great day off- I walked by your room, didn't see you, and then it hit me! haha Hope you had a GREAT day- what a perfect day to be home with this weather! See you MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete