Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sick Baby

My poor little sweet pea is sick. :(  She has been battling runny diapers for 3 days, and I figured it was those pesky top teeth (that have decided to both come in at the same time).  This morning, I went in to wake her up as I always do.  As I settled in to nurse her, she felt warm to me.  I didn't think much of it at first because I kind of bundle her up at night, and she's always warm & toasty when I get her out of bed.  While I was changing her diaper, her tummy felt really hot to me, so took her temperature. 100.6. 

So began the 15 minute back-and-forth about who can afford to miss a day of work.....I lost.  Even though things are very busy at work.  But I'm glad I'm with her today, because she NEEDS me!  A baby with a fever is just completely pitiful.  It is the saddest thing.  She doesn't want to play or eat.  Her little hot body has been glued to me all day, and when I put her down she whines "mamamama" until I pick her up again.  Tylenol hasn't made a difference yet, so I hope the fever breaks soon. 

I made a comfy spot for her on the floor with pillows and blankets, and thought maybe she'd lay there for a bit while I made some lunch.  She laid there with her blankie for an hour watching Sesame Street (she looked comfy, so I didn't want to move her).....then fell asleep right there in the middle of the living room.



Poor little angel.
Say prayers for my sweet girl's recovery!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. So sorry your little angel has been sick. That's so hard on baby and mommy, although, the extra snuggles are kinda nice. Her sleeping on the floor is one of the sweetest things ever. What a doll baby.

    ReplyDelete