Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Progress

So....remember when I posted that I was going to get all organized with Christmas this year, and get done early so I could enjoy the month of December??  HA!  Well, that did NOT happen.  I sure had good intentions.  In a somewhat last-minute decision (5 weeks ago) to make many of my gifts and save money, I dug my own grave.  6 weeks is NOT an adequate amount of time to hand make 75% of  your Christmas gifts...

I am happy to report that *most* of my gifts are done.  I have pictures to share of all my creations...but many of the recipients read this blog!  I will probably have to wait until after Christmas to post some of the big gifts - but maybe it will give you an idea for next Christmas (I guess I need to start in JULY next year), or maybe give you a birthday/anniversary/wedding/shower gift inspiration.  Here a just a couple of little things that I've worked on (and already gifted away!)....


I got this cute subway art from Pinterest (they have TONS if you search for it!), and plopped it in a floating frame that I already had.  Cheap, quick, easy....and turned out cute!  Made two of these to give to co-workers.


Whipped up a batch of puppy chow (did you know they call it "muddy buddies" on the box?  what's up with that?!?) and stuck it in a $4 jar from Target.  Made a tag and tied it on with some polkadot ribbon.  Gave this to Natalie's daycare provider this morning.  I'd like to give her more - because she is wonderful with my sweet little girl.  But according to my calculations, I will pay her approximately $10,000 in a year's time.....so puppy chow it is. :)

I made these magnets and post-it note holders for the ladies I teach with. :)  Cute to use at school, or at home if they wish.  The inspiration for these from Pinterest as well.....it's addictive, people.  Seriously.

So, gifts are in production....most of the wrapping is done (with the exception of the unfinished gifts, of course!), finally got my Christmas cards mailed today, and I am now done with school so I can FOCUS on getting everything finished.  Oh, how I wish I would have stuck to my resolution of getting done early.  Honestly, I'm starting in the summer next year...

In my defense, I've had things like this consuming my time:


My Uncle was Santa this year -- so we had to take a trip to sit on his lap. :)  Natalie was not thrilled...

Oh, and a mysterious illness always makes it easy to get things done...


I'm considering hibernating next winter.....
Merry Christmas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I absolutely LOVE the things you made- unbelievable. For your labels, how do you make those? Do you have a cricut? Hope Natalie's rash is gone- that is strange. :( Your Christmas card was gorgeous and I've shown off Natalie to a few people already. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete