Thursday, December 22, 2011

10 Months

Our little sugar bean is 10 months old!




She's been sick a lot in the past month, but not many other changes otherwise.  Still on the same nap and bedtime schedule.  Eating at the same times....2 bottles, nursing twice, 3 solid meals a day.  She has taken really well to lots of new foods this month.  She's eaten chili, biscuits & gravy, waffles, spaghetti, scrambled eggs, chicken noodle soup, and meatballs.  This girl will eat anything (like her daddy)!  I'm thankful that she doesn't seem to be picky yet.  When we are eating something - like when I grab a handful of Cheez-its to snack on - she makes a beeline for the food and grunts until you give her a bite.  Girl likes to eat! 

She is SO not interested in toys these days.  Her favorite things lately are ripping up magazines and pushing cardboard diaper boxes around the house.  She does love looking at books.  She's learned to turn the pages on her own....and she babbles while she looks at each page.  Such a busy little girl.

Her new tricks this month include walking along furniture or while holding onto our hands, waving, and repeating mama and dada when we say them to her (if she's in the right mood).  Her two top teeth are in now....she has a cute little toothy grin. :)



This girl is determined.  When she sets her mind to having something, she wants it.  As in now.  She will push my hands away if she doesn't like what I'm doing, or arch her back and throw her head back.  A bit of a drama queen, this one.  All of a sudden, in the past few weeks, she has decided that she hates taking baths.  Our girl who has loved water from day one has a total melt-down when we put her in the tub.  We do it right before bed, and I don't know if she's just too tired or what....I am going to try giving it to her in the mornings while I'm off work for the next few days and see if that makes a difference.
She LOVES to laugh!  She giggles when we tickle her, when we make funny faces, or when we sing to her.  She also cracks up when we play peek-a-boo or pat-a-cake.  Even my worst days can be turned around in a second when I see this sweet, happy face.

 Yelling at me for taking too many pictures, I think....
She continues to get endless compliments about her beautiful blue eyes.  We can't see to go anywhere without a complete stranger commenting about her baby blues.  I feel so blessed everytime someone tells me how pretty she is (as if I didn't know!).  I am so thankful to have a happy, healthy, beautiful baby.   


I'm so looking forward to these last couple of months before the big o-n-e.  Somehow I feel that after 12 months, she's not a baby anymore.  How can time have gone by so fast?? 
Beautiful, perfect, sweet, little angel baby.  I love you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment