Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hello, Third Trimester!

The book says that 27 weeks is the beginning of the third trimester....although I've seen a couple of websites that say 28 weeks.  Regardless, we are close enough....2/3 through this pregnancy!  Only 3 more months until our little girl gets here!  I look so tired in this picture - taken at about 9:30p.m. which is past my current bedtime!

How far along:  27 Weeks
Baby is the size of:  She's about as big as a head of cauliflower (almost 2 pounds, 15 inches long).
Sleep:  Ugh.  No comment.
Cravings:  Still love milk....sweets....
Symptoms:  Indigestion was a little better this week (maybe it's going away??).  Back, legs, and feet are sore each night, so I try to sit with my feet up in the evenings.
Milestones:  Nursery is coming along, and she actually has things in her closet now!  It is fun to see all the sweet little pink clothes hanging up in there.  We had our first baby shower this weekend, hosted by my fabulous sisters.  It was perfect!
Me with the hostesses. :)
We got a lot of cute, sweet, PINK clothes as gifts.  My mom made me a beautiful little scrapbook that I can put photos of the little one in.  She wrote a letter in the front...of course I cried, and couldn't read it aloud.  My sister tried as well, but couldn't read it either.  Best friend Jenn stepped up to read it aloud.  I'm surprised she didn't cry since she's pregnant too!  Here's me looking at my book.
We also got our Pack 'N Play, highchair, and lots of towels, blankets, and burpcloths.  One of my favorite gifts was this baby I've been eyeing for months....all framed and ready to hang. (My picture of it from my camera is not great....most of my pictures from the shower are kind of blurry because of the low light.  I can't wait to get my new camera!)  I can't wait to hang up this picture in the nursery above baby girl's crib.  Thanks, Jenn!
It was so great to have my friends and family there to celebrate the upcoming arrival of little girl - Aunt Peggy even traveled in from Atlanta.  We certainly feel blessed.  I came right home and unpacked everything right away.  Today I washed a lot of the new clothes and blankets, and organized things in her nursery.  I'll have two more showers in two weeks, so I wanted to get the first batch of things put away.  I will be able to finish her quilt this week, so will share how the nursery is coming along after that.

I am SO glad I only have a 2-day work week this week.  I've been so busy lately - I decided to get my craft on today to take some time just for me.  I did some Christmas crafting!  I'm not going to post it tonight, but check back in the next day or two for pictures of my creation, and probably pictures of the Christmas tree that will also be going up this week.  Yay for holidays!  I guess I should get moving on some of the Christmas shopping, huh?


1 comment:

  1. Mommy went cross eyed when the loads went in!

    ReplyDelete