Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Late Weekend Update

We had a beautiful weekend.  Full of blue skies.....

Snuggles with great-grandma....

Spring blossoms...

Watching our handsome daddy help grandpa... 


Just chillin'... 
I love this little sweetie!

My week ahead holds a full to-do list.  Spring weather tends to catapult me into productive mode....cleaning, making lists, and planning ahead.  I was working on gettin' things done yesterday when I had a bizarre experience.  I came upstairs from the laundry room to find my living room FULL of a swarm of termites!  They were crawling all around the front door frame, the floor, and MY BABY!  Needless to say, I freaked out and called the husband in a complete panic, telling him to come. home. NOW.  I put the baby in the bedroom and closed the door - sprayed the bugs with ant spray (it's all I could find!) - then fed Natalie and rushed her to the car so we could make a break for it and make the daddy deal with the aftermath.  Unfortunately, we have a very expensive fix ahead of us.  Fortunately, the exterminator says we "caught it early".  Whatever that means!

I have two big goals this Spring:
1.  Do some major purging!  I need to clean out the storage room in the basement.  It is full of items that we haven't used for years...things that we definitely need to get rid of.  Every once and awhile I feel the need to get rid of all the unnecessary clutter in the house. 
2.  Get my body back to pre-pregnancy shape!  I got the a-ok to start exercising from my doctor at my 6-week check last Thursday, so I am geared up to get going.  I lost 30 pounds almost immediately after delivering...I was carrying an awful lot of fluid and it seemed to melt away quickly.  Unfortunately I gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy, so I have 15 left to lose.  Actually, I'd like to lose more than that.  Not to mention that my body is completely different than it used to be.  Anyway, I'm hoping to stick with it and get back to normal.

Perhaps putting it in writing will help me to be accountable for these two goals...I'll keep you posted! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment