Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{8 Months}

Okay, so Natalie has actually been 8 months old for a week and a half now.  My poor little blog has been so neglected!  Things have been B.U.S.Y. around here with report cards, parent/teacher conferences, a family wedding, Halloween.....I thought I'd have a few days for a breather.  No such luck!  Open House/Curriculum Night is in 2 weeks, and I have a group of new teachers that I mentor that I need to plan an inservice for next week.  Whew! :)  Sick of my excuses?!  Let's get to the good stuff!

Now, without further ado....Natalie at 8 months old.

 At 8 months old, Natalie is a sweet little ball of energy!  She is moving more and more....though still no "official" crawling yet.  She scoots and squirms like a pro, though!  I am trying to enjoy her limited mobility for now. :)

 Natalie's schedule changed quite a bit this month as we upped her solids intake.  She's having three meals a day, two formula bottles, and nursing twice a day.  She is also learning to eat some "table food".  She likes Kix cereal, cheerios, puffs, noodles, banana, and green beans.  She has cut back to two naps a day, and sleeps about 12 hours a night.  Most of the time, she is a great sleeper!  She has suddenly taken to sleeping on her tummy in the past couple of weeks -- finally!  This makes her sleep more soundly through the night with less sleepy "fussing" in the middle of the night.

She has two little teeth on the bottom, but I suspect this week that she is working on more as the snot and drool production has increased in the past few days.  I don't know her "stats", but I know she is growing!

Her attitude and personality is growing too!  She whines and hollers if she doesn't like something.  She also has taken to throwing her head back, swatting things with her hands, and biting.  What a stinker!  I know she is just "expressing" herself.  A major problem this month has been Natalie's separation anxiety.  Thankfully, she goes to daycare just fine, and doesn't cry when I drop her off.  However, if we are somewhere besides home or daycare and someone wants to hold her or talk to her, she cries and reaches for mommy or daddy.  Leaving her alone in a room results in an all-out meltdown.  You'd think we are torturing the poor little thing with the way she cries!  I know this is on a phase and it will calm down eventually, but it is exhausting!  I just want her to be flexible and happy and able to adjust to changes in her routine/schedule. 

She is getting more interested in actually playing with things (rather than just throwing/waving things around).  She likes toys that make music or noise, or light up.  We need to get her some more interactive toys, as I think her "baby" toys are boring to her these days.

She is a sweet little snuggle baby, and my favorite time of day is still bedtime.  Bathtime, soft & sweet baby skin, clean jammies, blankie, paci, cuddles, singing, rocking, and that precious little body melting into me after a busy, crazy day.  Nothing better.

She is saying "mama" and "dada" often - when you can catch her in the right mood. :)  I'd like to start some basic sign language with her soon.  Other mommas - any recommendations for resources for this??

She is so precious....my sweet little baby is just not so little anymore. :(  ONE is going to sneak up on me, I think...
Love you, baby bug!

P.S.  Halloween costume pictures coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment