Friday, January 21, 2011

36 Weeks!

Only 27 days 'til due date!  Here we are:
My goodness, she just keeps growing and growing.  I feel much bigger than just two weeks ago.  Here's the side-by-side:

(No, I did not shrink height-wise...just the way hubby took the picture, I guess!)


How far along:  36 weeks
Baby is the size of: still a honeydew...but next week it goes up to a watermelon!  Baby should be somewhere between 5 and 6 pounds
Sleep:  A bit better I guess....still up often to go to the bathroom.  Also, SO hot at night!  But with the snow days and holidays in the past couple of weeks, I've been able to sleep in a little (if you call 7:30 sleeping in!) and that seems to help.
Cravings: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES will be the end of me.  Why did we order six boxes??!?
Symptoms: Same as always.  Swelling has started this week, so I'm wearing my wedding ring around my neck on a chain, and my tennis shoes untied.  Fun!
Milestones: We continue with our childbirth classes, and also took a breastfeeding class this week.  It's all a little overwhelming, but also exciting.  Makes everything seem so close and so real - very soon we will be holding our baby girl in our arms. :)  I can't wait!

Today I came home to this in my living room:


After our breastfeeding class on Tuesday, I came home after work on Wednesday to a swaddled baby doll on the couch.  Mark was worried about not being able to swaddle the baby doll at our breastfeeding class, so he went to my sister's to borrow a baby doll.  She gave him a crash course on swaddling, and he brought the doll home to practice.  How cute is that?! 
Then, he decided he would use the baby doll to start training Harley and getting him ready for baby girl's arrival.  He was doing some reading and decided he would put the baby in the bouncer so that Harley would get used to seeing the "baby gear" around the house.  Harley did surprisingly well, and we are teaching him "gentle" when he is around the doll.  He won't be my only baby for much longer!

He doesn't look too happy about it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment