Monday, June 7, 2010

Inspiration

The living room re-design continues....walls are painted.  We'll buy trim later in the week and paint and install that.  We'll probably have to wait on the built-ins until after our vacation.  Couch and love seat arrive next week, and our sofa table came today from JCPenny.  It was super easy to put together (four screws!), and in fact didn't even come with directions!  Thankfully we are not completely incompetent when it comes to furniture assembly. 

On a trip to Home Goods this weekend, I found some accessories!  How 'bout these babies?
*sigh*  Aren't they great?
I also found a great area rug -- which I am not allowed to unroll and take a picture of.  Ever-practical husband says "Why would we unroll it when the store took the time to pack it up nice and neat?  We'll get it out when the room is ready for it."  (Insert me pouting....)  Oh well, I will post a picture of it soon enough.  Also found a charming lantern, and some starfish!  They will look GREAT when the "room is ready". :)

Here are some of my inspiration rooms:

I love the natural materials (like the wicker) and also the splashes of color (who doesn't love turquoise and red?)

I love the striped chair and the coffee table in this picture.  I'm still on the hunt for a coffee table -- I want to find something that I can "revamp".

There are lots of things I like about this room:  the jars and shells, stacks of books, hanging lanterns, and charming ladder. 

I hope to create a "gallery wall" kind of like this one....maybe....for some reason it is quite intimidating to me.  I'll be on the hunt for sales on picture frames...I like the combination of black and white frames and mats here.

Am hoping to do some sewing this week -- stay tuned!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment