Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Transition

Oh, hello.  It's me, the long-lost blogger.  My life has been so out of control the past few months, this blog (sadly) was the easiest thing to cross off the list.  Working full-time as a teacher, plus filling 40-50 orders per month through the spring for our Etsy shop, preparing our house to go on the market and house hunting for a new place....then there's mothering a two-year-old and attempting to spend a little quality time with the hubs before I pass out from first trimester pregnancy exhaustion each night.  Am I forgiven yet?

Yes, life has been a crazy, beautiful thing lately - and I'm still waiting for things to settle down.  We sold our house in one day, found one we loved, lost it, found another one that we liked, bought it, then the house we fell in love with on the first go-around came back on the market so we canceled a contract on the like house and went for the love house.  Make sense?  Long story short, we move mid-June and we can't wait to get into our new place!  TONS of space, a little work to be done, but we couldn't be more thrilled.

On top of that, I'm not returning to teaching in the fall. Decided to take some time off to be with my sweet girl and the baby-on-the-way coming in November.  I'm looking forward to putting more time and energy into my family and the Etsy shop.  I have been completely maxxed this past year with working full-time teaching and growing the small business - I am really looking forward to slowing down a little and hopefully feeling like I'm not so stressed all the time (just in time for a newborn to enter the picture!). 

Okay - so lots of life changes - job, home, new baby....we are just in one big transition right now.  Not to mention all the changes that have been happening with a very sweet two-year-old.  She is the most amazing thing.  Ever.

 

I just can't believe how big she's getting and how much she's learning.  Talking in sentences.  Learning all her colors.  Counting to twenty.  Learning ABCs.  Reciting books we've read over and over.  Picking out clothes.  Helping with chores around the house.  Good grief, she's like a pre-schooler!  That has been hands-down what I've missed about blogging.  Because although I know that friends and family love to read what's happening with our family, it has from the beginning been my way to document our life.  Even now, when I go back and read posts and updates from the past couple of years - I read things that I've already forgotten about.  And I don't want to forget all of her amazing-ness because life is so crazy that I don't write it down.



So, I'll be trying to make an effort to do some more updating - certainly more than one post every couple of months.  There will be so much to remember in these next few months!



My honey and I are going on a little vacay to San Diego next week - first time EVER leaving Natalie, and the first vacation we've had since before I found out I was pregnant with her 3 years ago.  Needless to say, we are overdue! 

Happy Summer, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment