Here's what I do know - I totally treasure the monthly updates I did during Natalie's first year. I look back at them often, and love reading the details that I have since forgotten. Things like what she liked and how she grew and how big she was and when she met certain milestones. I was able to turn them into a beautiful first year photo book for her, and I truly have hopes to do the same for this second little girl.
So I may not blog about anything else, but I am determined to document the first year of her life here too!
Our Lillie Anne is one month old!
She is the sweetest, calmest little baby. A quiet little lovey.
Here's what we know about our girl at one month old:
- Loves to eat! Nurses every three hours during the day. I have to wake her to feed often because she still just wants to sleep, sleep, sleep. At night I let her sleep and she will usually stretch 4 or 5 hours at night. I plan to move her from her bassinet to her room soon. Daddy is nervous though because she doesn't cry when she wakes to eat. She grunts and kicks and snorts - which I can hear easily as she sleeps right next to our bed. But she would be harder to hear of course when she's across the hall in her own crib.
- Lillie is a sleepy bug! She is usually awake for about an hour after she eats, then back to sleep until her next feeding. Sometimes we get a two hour appearance from her in the evening, which makes her nice and tired for bedtime.
- She is a snuggler, loves to be cuddled. But does equally well when I swaddle her and lay her down with a paci - she can fall asleep on her own.
- We've had some hints of a smile when she's awake, and lots of those sweet dreamy newborn smiles when she's sleeping. Will be waiting for a more responsive smile in the next month!
- She loves to be in the swing or in her bouncy seat. She likes the motion I think....
- She likes her bath and the warm water. Her little body relaxes when I pour the warm water over her....she just gives me a frown when I try to wipe her eyes and clean her face. Loves to have her hair washed!